I started “Bad Day All Day!” because of the alarming lack of off-season training and conditioning programs for Defensive Backs. In fact, there is no noticeable “footprint” accessible on the internet. If your son needed training to improve his skill set as a DB there were no opportunities to explore. If there are any training programs in existence I couldn’t find them. So I started my own program and library.

Please note that some of the articles posted have been written by others which I have collected over the years and I take no attribution for their work. I thank them for contributing to the evolution and improvement of the game.

Have a Bad Day All Day!!!


Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rip Not Wrap!

What can be done to improve on defense this off-season? How can we get better and limit our opponent’s successes? You can always become better tacklers. More after the jump.
Some coaches believe that tackling is a skill-set that each player either has or doesn't have in his arsenal. I believe that you can always improve and I believe the concept displayed in the video below illustrates that tenet to a tee.

Rip don’t wrap and use your mind not your head are just two of the “visual reminders” taught by tackling Guru Bobby Hosea. Hosea’s tackling technique has been received with great acclaim and has earned rave reviews. I have been saying for years to “Dip and Rip” but Bobby has taken it further.

Stop reaching to make tackles and start ripping!



For more info go to Bobby Hosea’s website at: http://trainemupacademy.org/

Have a Bad Day All Day!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment